17. Can you spray it on with an airbrush?
About Liquid Latex
1. What's so unique about liquid latex and what is it?
Liquid latex is a rubber that is initially packaged in liquid form. After the substance is applied, the rubber air dries in minutes to form a sheet of latex on any surface.....of any contour! How's that for unique?
Liquid Latex Body Cosmetic™, a pasty liquid available in a variety of alluring stimulating colors, will self-vulcanize at room temperature. As soon as the initial coat of Liquid Latex Body Cosmetic™ is applied to your skin and dries (usually in about 5-10), our liquid latex body coating naturally shrinks approximately 3%, creating that sensuous "Second Skin" sensation that all true liquid latex enthusiasts love to experience. After the surface coat is dry to the touch (about 5-10 minutes), it may be re-applied for additional coatings to any desired thickness of liquid latex. After you have applied all the layers you wish, the liquid latex will totally dry in about 1 hour, and completely cure (ready to use) in about 4 hours.
2. What are the benefits of Liquid Latex Body Cosmetic™ products?
key benefits of our premium quality liquid latex fantasy products include:
liquid latex is available in a variety of eye-popping colors and stimulating highlights.
- liquid latex shrinks 3% to create that sensuous 'second skin' sensation.
- latex can be used on all custom garments, costumes, fantasy accessories, and more.
- our product portfolio contains everything you'll need to design a fantasy liquid latex masterpiece.
- all liquid latex products are totally safe - will not clog pores or prevent normal perspiration.
- liquid latex is very easy and fun to apply (especially when a close friend helps...a very close friend).
sparkle can be pre-mixed with the liquid latex, or applied to the final dry coating surface.
application kit includes a convenient plastic carrying case with everything you need to fulfill your fantasy.
body wash easily & gently removes your custom liquid latex garment from your skin.
- our body wash thoroughly cleans the skin, especially those sensitive body areas.
- our body wash is a biodegradable formulation designed to aid in the emulsifying & removal of liquid latex.
Shine instantly starts to protect the latex, while
bringing out its natural luster.
- our Ultra Shine will give all your liquid latex fantasy creations that slick "wet look" and shine (without that greasy feeling you'd expect to come with it).
- our liquid latex will provide hours of excitement and stimulation (both visual and otherwise) for everyone involved.
3. What are other unique properties of liquid latex?
Liquid latex is a rubber like no other. In general, latex itself is unique since it is a natural polymer derived from tree sap. As a natural polymer, it uses water as its base solvent. It is one of the few rubber compounds that is non-toxic in both a liquid and solid state. In addition, latex has the best memory of any rubber, meaning it has the ability to return to its original shape without permanent distortion. While wearing our product, it's important to keep in mind that latex also happens to be the most sensitive of rubbers, being readily damaged by oils of any kind, by ozone, and UV light.
4. Doesn't liquid latex tend to be sticky?
When cured at room temperature, latex is always a little bit prone to adhering to itself. When this happens, it can cause your liquid latex creation to tear. Therefore, a surface treatment is recommended after curing of the liquid latex is complete (try using some talcum powder or our Ultra Shine Spray).
5. What makes liquid latex preferable over other types of rubber?
Liquid latex is the stretchiest of rubbers, and can easily stretch anywhere from 400 to 1000% of its resting length. Liquid latex can also be remarkably stronger than most, even when quite thin. Easily colored, liquid latex is naturally translucent (except when colored black or white). This translucency has been a major factor in using liquid latex compounds as an art medium. Another important factor is that liquid latex shrinks 3-4% when it cures. It's very important to note that shrinkage must be taken into account when sizing anything made from liquid latex.
When it cures, the liquid latex molecules polymerize by
forming bonds between sulfur molecules. These bonds continue
to form over several months, progressively hardening the liquid latex.
6. What colors & sizes are liquid latex products available in?
Latex Body Cosmetic™ is currently available in 16 oz. and 32 oz. containers (and also 1 gallon containers) in any of the following exhilarating colors:
*black *red *blue *yellow *green *purple
*pink * white *orange *chocolate *clear
Fluorescent Liquid Latex™ is also available in 16 oz. and 32 oz. jars (and also 1 gallon containers) in your choice of 8 titillating colors, including:
*blue *red *yellow *green
*pink *purple *magenta *orange
Rainbow Metallic Pearl Sparkle™ is available for purchase in 1 oz. and 2 oz. jars in the following 6 shimmering colors:
*gold *silver *blue * red *violet *green.
7. What's so unique about Fluorescent Liquid Latex?
Fluorescent Liquid Latex is an exclusive, proprietary fantasy blend that has been designed to give you that mesmerizing "glow-in-the-dark" appearance that will definitely make YOU the center of attention after the lights have been lowered or when the strobes begin to pulse. Fluorescent Liquid Latex looks like normal under regular lighting. However, under blacklights (UV Lights) used in your favorite dance clubs, it will emit a bright, vivid glow.
Fluorescent Liquid Latex™ formulation is completely non-toxic, and will not clog your pores or
prevent normal perspiration from forming.
8. How are liquid latex products packaged?
Liquid Latex Body Cosmetic™ products are packaged in safety-sealed containers to guarantee your protection, and to provide you with the highest possible product quality. In addition, your Liquid Latex Body Cosmetic™ purchases are always shipped with clearly printed liquid latex user instructions for your added convenience.
9. Is there a smell associated with liquid latex?
All liquid latex products use ammonia as a preservative agent. It doesn't really smell all that bad, but if you are hypersensitive to the smell, you won't be thrilled about it. Once the liquid latex dries, though, the smell is completely gone.
Also, if you are allergic to ammonia-based products, then we highly advise that you should refrain from applying liquid latex to your skin. To test for a reaction, we recommend this simple method: Apply the liquid latex to a very small area of your skin, and let set for about 4 hours. This will quickly determine if you will have a hypersensitive reaction to latex.
10. Are there any additional benefits from using Liquid Latex on my skin?
Actually, there is one relatively unpublicized benefit of liquid latex use. After removing the dried liquid latex coating, your skin will be left with a ‘silky smooth’ feel - much like a baby’s behind - and all your surface pores will have been thoroughly cleansed. In fact, there's a good chance that your complexion may have
never looked better!
11. Do I need to do anything special during a photo shoot for a great on-camera look?
There are a few extra steps for photo shoots:
1. Use 4 or more coats. Strobe photography and stage lights will penetrate the translucent latex and appear splotchy, so make sure you have enough latex on hand for multiple applications.
2. Apply sparkle in an area away from the camera. If you've ever danced with a glitter-clad individual in a club, you know just how far-reaching the infiltration of sparkles can be. Sparkle is a very fine powder and will become airborne, causing star-like refractions in the lens.
3. Make sure the model(s) is warm and comfortable. A full-body paint job can take some time, and nothing will ruin a shoot like a cold, uncomfortable, and unhappy model.
12. Is it hot to wear?
No, not at all. In fact, it’s very similar to a rubber glove. Whatever you feel on the outside is how you’ll feel on the inside. If anything, it may actually be a bit cold due to the slight build up of perspiration underneath.
13. Does it insulate from the cold?<
No, it’s not thick and foamed like a wet suit (unless, of course, you're using foam latex). It’s thin like
a rubber glove.
14. How much does it take to cover a body?
Generally, it takes one full quart (32 ounces) to cover an entire body, head to toe. Most often, it takes the recommended 3 coats, with a little left over.
15. How long will it stay on?
Depends on the conditions you’re wearing it in, as well as your individual skin and body type. More often than not, it will last at least several hours before lifting from the skin.
16. Can the colors be mixed?
Yes, you can mix colors out of the jar to create custom
17. Can you spray it on with an airbrush?
Yes. Use a brush capable of heavier viscosity outputs, such as an automotive touch-up brush. The Paasche Air Brush Company makes some brushes that work well with Liquid Latex. Generally the latex will need no thinning. Be sure to keep the pressure low to avoid injury, and always keep the tip of the gun clean so it doesn’t clog.